Thursday, May 5, 2011

There's just something about him. .


I still remember the first day I saw him. . dressed in a pale blue shirt and formal trousers. .his hair going haywire. He was least bothered about his appearance. . but there was something about him that caught my fancy.

Those intense eyes, those sharp features, the way he walked , the way he talked. I was bowled over by the oodles of charm and attitude he possessed. One look into his eyes, and I would lose control over my thoughts. His confident strides across the room would set my pulse racing. I would wait each day to catch a glimpse of him. . and the days he spoke to me were a bonus.

Days passed and I started admiring him more and more. . when I finally asked myself- What makes him so special? Why does he make me go weak in the knees? Why do I always skip a heartbeat when I see him enter the room? Like most girls, I would say- there's just something about him and ignore the questions. Never tried to find out what that 'something' was. Was it his confidence? Or was it his deceptive looks? Was I infatuated or was I going crazy?

The wait had become unbearable and I finally chose to tell him about my feelings. 'Hello', I said. 'Hi' he greeted back and it made me forget how to breath! It was a dream-come-true for me when he held my hand and reciprocated my feelings. It seemed like a fairytale. . he would laugh with me when I would be happy. . and hold my hand reassuringly when I would feel low..To rest my head on his shoulders meant the world to me. .I would watch him closely, never taking my eyes off him, not even chancing a blink. I felt like I would miss out on something.

Those never-ending long drives. . those sweet nothings we would whisper in each other's ears. . those endless phone calls that seemed like seconds and never made us realize that hours had passed. . those 'goodmorning' and 'good night' texts messsages. . those warm hugs. .those subtle kisses on the forehead. . those promises we made. . those cups of coffee we had sitting together. .those sudden compliments. . those moments of happiness. Life seemed so fine and perfect when suddenly. . . . . the alarm clock went off. All of a sudden everything seemed so unreal. . I woke up from sleep and realised that. . . it was all a dream. . .a beautiful dream . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Leave a comment :)